The Security Council,
Recalling its resolutions 2170 (2014), 2178 (2014), 2199 (2015), 2249 (2015) and 2254 (2015),
Reaffirming its strong commitment to the sovereignty, independence, unity and territorial integrity of the Syrian Arab Republic, and to the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations,
Strongly condemning continued cross-border shelling of the territory of the Syrian Arab Republic as well as incessant flow of foreign terrorist fighters, the incursion of military personnel and the illegal movement of weapons and related materiel in contravention of its relevant resolutions and with complicity or direct involvement of some States including Syria's neighbors,
Expressing its grave alarm at the reports of military buildup and preparatory activities aimed at launching foreign ground intervention into the territory of the Syrian Arab Republic,
Reiterating that the only sustainable solution to the current crisis in Syria is through an inclusive and Syrian-led political process as set forth in its resolution 2254, the Joint Statement on the outcome of the multilateral talks on Syria in Vienna of 30 October 2015 and the Statements of the International Syria Support Group of 14 November 2015 and 12 February 2016,
- Strongly demands to fully respect the sovereignty of the Syrian Arab Republic and immediately halt any cross-border shelings and incursions as well as abandon all attempts or plans for foreign ground intervention into the Syrian territory,
- Demands to refrain from provocative rhetoric and inflammatory statements inciting further violence and interference into internal affairs of the Syrian Arab Republic,
- Reaffirms that all States shall prevent and suppress the flow of foreign terrorist fighters and the illegal movement of weapons and related materiel into the territory of the Syrian Arab Republic,
- 4. Decides that all States shall commit to and unconditionally implement the provisions of its resolution 2254 (2015) in order to facilitate the efforts aimed at bringing an end to the Syrian conflict.
- 5. Decides to remain actively seized of the matter.
Follow me on Twitter @NabilAbiSaab